There are so many things to be thankful for but let’s get down to basics.
- I am thankful that Grandpa Carl Quist had the courage to get on the ship in Sweden when he was 16 and travel to America with the intent to become a citizen.
- I am thankful that when Grandpa’s brother John went off to fight in WW1 and asked Carl to take care of his girlfriend Iva, that Carl took real good care of her and finally married her! …lol! Thus their third daughter, Anne, was born in America.
- I’m also thankful that Gardner Clark McDearmid moved from Massachusetts to Chicago and fell in love with Louise Juhrend. They married and had two children, Arlene and Jim.
- I’m thankful that Jim McDearmid delivered newspapers to the Connelly house where Anne Quist was a nanny/maid. They courted and married and I was born!
- I’m thankful I was born in America!!